Jewish Culture Day
Impressions from 2021
The Culture Day (short for European Day of Jewish Culture) presents the many facets of Judaism and highlights their local, regional and national significance. The aim of the Culture Day is to spread awareness of the cultural richness of Jewish life, as well as to create and spread narratives about it.
Celebrating diversity in Judaism can contribute to a pluralistic and inclusive Europe. One means of moving towards this goal is dialog. This dialog between the different streams of Judaism, between religions and against prejudice, is celebrated on the first Sunday in September.
verfasst am 17.12.2021
1) Basel: "Auf Herzls Spuren durch Basel" with Simon Erlanger.
Photo © Jewish Museum of Switzerland
2) Basel: Guided tour of «Literally Jewish» with Louise Gillman.
Photo © Elwira Spychalska
3) Geneva: "Parcours guidé. Le Cancel (Ghetto juif) de Genève", with Jean Plançon.
Photo © Vladimir Moshnyager
4) Basel: An experimental discussion about Renée Levi's wall painting «Tohuwabohu» with Judith Wipfler
Photo © Nadia Guth Biasini
5) Genf: «Histoires tombées du ciel: Contes juifs, chrétiens et musulmans». With Jean-Jacques Fdida. Photo © Vladimir Moshnyager